WIGRY NATIONAL PARK

Photo3Its history dates back to 1931, when the landscape and floristic partial reserve WIGRY, with an area of 500 hectares, was created. After numerous changes, the area of the present Wigry National Park of 15,000 hectares in covered by forests and water in more than 80%. In 2004 the Wigry National Park, together with the entire Augustów Primeval Forest, became an object of the European network Nature 2000 ? a special bird protection area.

A lot of tourist attractions are located in the Park including Wigry narrow gauge railway, cruises on ?Cameldolite? ship on Wigry lake, numerous hiking and kayaking routes, the Black Hańcza trail in particular ? the longest river in the Suwalki region, the Wigry Museum in Stary Folwark /Old Farmstead/.

For more information visit  http://wigry.win.pl